President : It shall be the duty of the president to call and preside at all meetings of the convention board and the executive officers. Notwithstanding the above, in the absence or in the capacity of the president, it shall be the designated duty of another executive member to act in this manner.
Vice-President: It shall be the duty of the vice-president to take charge of the affairs of the organization in the absence of the president and as approved by the board.
Secretary: It shall be the duty of the secretary to:
· Keep accurate and complete minutes and records of all convention board and executive officers meetings and proceedings;
· Bring before the convention board all official notices and communication received from the Alberta Teachers’ Association or from member-locals;
· Prepare and forward all reports required by member-locals and the Alberta Teachers’ Association;
· Prepare and forward all meeting notices; and
· Send copies of the convention program to the Association.
Treasurer: It shall be the duty of the treasurer to:
· Keep accurate and complete records of all monies received and disbursed;
· Disburse funds as approved and in accordance with convention policy;
· Prepare, after consultation with appropriate persons, the annual budget consideration and approval by the convention board and forward copies of the approved budget to all member-locals and the Alberta Teachers’ Association;
· Prepare annual audited financial statements for approval from the convention board and forward copies to each member-local and the Alberta Teachers’ Association by September 30 of each year.
Speakers and Exhibitors